Position Summary & Job Purpose:
We are looking for a committed Board Member to serve on the Canadian Pride Historical Society’s Board of Directors. The Board Member’s responsibilities include both governance and operational management tasks. We are looking for individuals that have prior leadership experience and strong diplomatic skills. As a Board Member you will be passionately committed to the society’s Vision of inspiring conversations about the future of the Pride Movement in Canada as we share the stories of our past.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Knowing the organization’s vision, mission, programs, policies, and needs.
• Preparing for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation.
• Regularly attending board and committee meetings and participating actively and conscientiously.
• Approving reports, budgets, and business decisions.
• Contributing to the development of policies and strategic plans.
• Understanding the organization’s financial affairs and ensuring fiduciary responsibilities are met.
• Ensuring the organization complies with legal requirements.
• Maintaining confidentiality on all internal society affairs.
• Previous pride board experience would be considered an asset.
• Sufficient time availability for board duties. Anywhere from a few hours a week to 10 hours a month.
• Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of your local pride’s history would be considered an asset.
We are committed to ensuring our Board of Directors and supporting volunteer base are made up of a diverse group of individuals. We encourage the following groups to get involved with the CPHS:
• Trans Identified
• Non-Binary Identified
• Female Identified
• People aged 40+
• French-speaking or other languages spoken besides English
For more information on the CPHS please visit our website at www.cphs.ca.
Interested applicants can apply at HR@cphs.ca